Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 venting about ehealth.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krystineM

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2008-03-10
Age : 27

PostSubject: venting about ehealth.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:03 pm

I have been a member on ehealth for a little while now, i think about a year or close to a year, and i like having a network where you can ask a question, and have alot of responses from different people and help each other out.
I've met some really nice people on there, and they are very supportive, but on the other hand..there are more people who are negative, rude with remarks, and give attitude up the wazoo!
Yet the admin, on the forum, is very strict with what is said, guidelines, being a "supportive forum" blah blah blah...
Sometimes its really annoying.
Like, for example: some girl who's a teen mother was venting about her mom, and how her mom doesnt seem to help her out as much as she would like. The teens complaint was that because she was talking to "a really cute boy" she didnt put a load of laundry in, and asked her mom if she could do it. The next day it was her b-day, and her mom hadn't done her laundry the night before, and didn't make her "fav. breakfast" so she was upset. And in a comment she made she had said "i think my mom should do my laundry at least every other week, its not like she does anything"
-First off, there were so many things i could have said to her in my reply, but i bit my tongue, gave my sympathy saying:
im sorry about your b-day, you do deserve a hand here and there, but remember somethings come first laundry is one of them, boys and friends can wait, but im sorry you had a bad day.
-I could have said to her, 'you chose to get pregnant and keep the baby, and your bitching about your mother not helping you out when all your doing is talking to a boy?! Get off your butt and do your laundry. Boys can wait, and friends can wait, do what has to be done first, then talk to boys, just say you will brb or something. its just a boy not the end of the world!
THEN! she replies back, saying [to me and another girl who had given pretty similar advice] not to be rude, and not be unsupportive, she said something else but i cant remember what.
So, i replied back, that i was in no way unsupportive, i gave my sympathy, and had given some helpful advice too.
So she started arguing back and forth, so i just ignored her after a while.
THEN!! I get a message from Admin, about "forum guildelines" Saying my comment was threatening, abusive, harmful etc.etc.etc.
and a bunch of other crap.
So i replied back asking how this could have been threatening or any of those things, and if she could point out where it is threatening, abusive and so on. I then asked if she actually read what i had written, or just pressed the forum guideline button and pressed send along with it, because anyone can report a comment abusive, or any of the things listed, when its not true at all.
I got an e-mail from her today saying:
you're right. Everything is fine in the post except for the remark "don't need the attitude". These kinds of things flare up and can start full drama. ..in editing the post, this is the only thing that I would remove.
The teen that i repled to had started getting bitchy, so i had just said to her i dont need the attitude.
And that's why i got this stupid reminder, so i said that i was not any of the things that i was accused of, i offered my sympathy and advice, and that if im getting a reminder about attitude, then everyone should get one too, because EVERYONE uses a little attitude in their replies to people, and i also said that it seems that you have to meet certain standards to not get little reminders like this.
And finished off by saying, i was not giving attitude, i was telling HER i do not need the attitude because SHE was giving me attitude, and if anyone should be getting this stupid reminder it should be her, because im innocent in all of this.


I hate being falsly accused of something, it happens alot to me, and seems its only me that gets these reminders.
I once got a reminder for giving support. Because i was seemingly "acting as a mod" In no way was i acting like a mod, i gave advice, which is what we are supposed to do on the forum,and i get a reminder about it!? I won that argument with Admin on ehealth, it was so stupid.
That site is getting on my nerves alot lately.
Pretty soon your not going to be able to say hello without getting a reminder for the way you used it.

Anyways, sorry that was long, i just wanted to get that off my chest.
But correct me if im wrong, was that comment i made in any way unsupportive or threatening/abusive/harmful etc.?
I dont think it is or was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flyleaf



Posts : 13
Join date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:24 pm

lol!

Aww, Krystine, you poor little thing. You must be the only person who didn't catch on that that girl's post was completely fake. She posted it to shed light on the hypocrisy that's become eHealth policy.

You made a post where you admitted to missing lots of school for illnesses and doctor appointments that you didn't bother to reschedule, you didn't attempt to pick up your assignments, and then you waited until three weeks before school ended to talk to your teachers about how badly you were behind. When people asked you why you'd allowed your situation to get so out of control, you freaked out, and admin issued out warnings.

Another girl responded to your post that she knew exactly what you were going through - that she'd missed lots of school because her doctor appointments were during school hours, and she had to miss an entire week to plan her wedding ( scratch ). People weren't allowed to tell her anything either. Only "aww you poor thing" comments were allowed.

And so Tanya made a post that she KNEW would get under people's skin to prove a point. You're allowed to say ridiculous things over there and people are NOT allowed to reply with real responses because it's not considered "supportive". I'm very surprised you're sitting here bitching about getting a warning about your comment, when you were jumping up and down that people were DARING to ask you why you weren't handling your own business and blaming your teachers for YOUR OWN LAZINESS.

90% of the eHealth community knew Tanya's post was fake. She's a fantastic teen mother. She didn't skip any school, didn't use her pregnancy as an excuse to fail, lived on her own and supports her child as a single mother while finishing her high school education. She would never push her laundry off on her mom to chat with a boy online. The other 9.98% of people who thought it was real at first, quickly caught on that it wasn't. I honestly think you're the only person who didn't figure out that 2+2 didn't equal 7.

Poor thing. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Incognito



Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:01 pm

Flyleaf wrote:
lol!

Aww, Krystine, you poor little thing. You must be the only person who didn't catch on that that girl's post was completely fake. She posted it to shed light on the hypocrisy that's become eHealth policy.

You made a post where you admitted to missing lots of school for illnesses and doctor appointments that you didn't bother to reschedule, you didn't attempt to pick up your assignments, and then you waited until three weeks before school ended to talk to your teachers about how badly you were behind. When people asked you why you'd allowed your situation to get so out of control, you freaked out, and admin issued out warnings.

Another girl responded to your post that she knew exactly what you were going through - that she'd missed lots of school because her doctor appointments were during school hours, and she had to miss an entire week to plan her wedding ( scratch ). People weren't allowed to tell her anything either. Only "aww you poor thing" comments were allowed.

And so Tanya made a post that she KNEW would get under people's skin to prove a point. You're allowed to say ridiculous things over there and people are NOT allowed to reply with real responses because it's not considered "supportive". I'm very surprised you're sitting here bitching about getting a warning about your comment, when you were jumping up and down that people were DARING to ask you why you weren't handling your own business and blaming your teachers for YOUR OWN LAZINESS.

90% of the eHealth community knew Tanya's post was fake. She's a fantastic teen mother. She didn't skip any school, didn't use her pregnancy as an excuse to fail, lived on her own and supports her child as a single mother while finishing her high school education. She would never push her laundry off on her mom to chat with a boy online. The other 9.98% of people who thought it was real at first, quickly caught on that it wasn't. I honestly think you're the only person who didn't figure out that 2+2 didn't equal 7.

Poor thing. lol!
cheers

Well said.

Tho, Kirstine's post was not far off from Tanya's post really. All except Tanya's was just to prove a point and Kirstine's was for real. Did you really expect people to feel sorry for you because YOU got pregnant and YOU didn't do anything about failing YOUR work? We're not all stupid! study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coruscate



Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Oh the comical irony of you venting about a post made as an imitation of yourself by a person who is the complete opposite of you.


Sidesplitting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RebelCats

avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2008-03-10
Age : 36
Location : USA, GA

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 pm

I admit I did not know the thread made over there was not real. But on my defense I am somewhat new and I don't know the whole background on that. But after they explained to me why she made that post it sunk in why it was made.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danielle



Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:26 pm

I feel it is important to point out that Krystine used the same lines that others used for her, even though she got pissed about it in her thread.

Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:11 am

I can relate to getting pissed off by ehealth's guidelines. It was really maddening. That's one reason why this place is called "All Drama" and there is almost no moderation.

_________________
Read my blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sunshine4All



Posts : 1
Join date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:49 am

Krystine, simply put (so you'll understand), you are a moron.

Don't worry if you don't complete your senior year this time. You know what they say, third time's a charm!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.S.



Posts : 53
Join date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:48 am

futureshock wrote:
I can relate to getting pissed off by ehealth's guidelines. It was really maddening. That's one reason why this place is called "All Drama" and there is almost no moderation.

I believe this was less about Krystine being upset about the posting guidelines than it was about Krystine being a hypocrit.

She is upset when people tell her to grow up about high school and turning in homework. Then she is upset when she tells someone the same thing and is schooled on it.

The posting guidelines at ehealth are becoming extreme due to whiny complainers who cannot seem to think not to post about themselves on a public forum if they don't wish to hear the publics comments. Sometimes, somethings are better left to private, KWIM?

flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krystineM

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2008-03-10
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:09 pm

i did get a little upset when some made me feel like i was failing on purpose, giving up and using my pregnancy as an excuse.
if anyone read my responses, they would have seen that i DID go to my counsellors a head of time, way before the semester was over, near the beginning of the semester but was told "hang in there".
i never used my pregnancy as an excuse.
i could not reschedule appts. they gave me what was available, so i had to deal with it.
i was catching up on school work every night, not sitting with my finger up my ass or my finger up my nose saying, what do i do now!? Suspect
i worked things out finally, and i am passing this semester. i worked my butt off. it was rocky for a little, but i worked really hard.
i turned in all my assignments, did my homework, and did not skip class.
you all assumed i was "jumping up and down" at peoples comments, but i was getting my side in edge wise, you all assumed i did nothing about it, when i -more than once- said i talked to the school earlier, was doing my homework all the time, was handing in assignments and not skipping classes, which i did not do once this year.
so yeah, when someone makes it seem like i just did shit all for the whole semester, i am going to get a little pissed.

am i just some laughing stock at ehealth?
thats really nice to know.

some comments people give are helpful, and supportive, and others are just plain mean.
i dont post replies that are mean to people, so why should i get shit on?
am i just being gauked over there because i took a bit of offense to some things that were said?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coruscate



Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:21 pm

No, the people who were being realistic with you in your post about school were all sent warnings from the Admin, demanding special treatment for you. I believe the words used were to give you "the gentle treatment". That is what angered them.

People were pissed off at being told to coddle you, instead of being honest and reaslitic with you. I guess the Admin felt you couldn't handle reality?


You didn't work your butt off, if you had, you would have had no problems. High school is easy, and the courses you listed are general and easy. It's not like you were in chemistry and calculus. If you had been "working your butt off" this whole time like you claim, there wouldn't have been a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krystineM

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2008-03-10
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:26 pm

it doesnt matter what courses i had, i did work my butt off. i worked damn hard.
i had missed some school when i was sick, or had doctors appointments, and i had alot of catching up to do, and i worked really hard.
i had also said, [which i guess no one noticed,] that i had a learning disability, i learn at a slower pace than others do.
for me i need a little more time than others do.
just because i didnt take calculus, science/chemistry, law or whatever, does not mean i didnt work hard.
the work was very demanding and i worked very hard at it this year.

i can handle reality, i dont know why she would have said that.
that makes me feel like shes making me out to be an idiot or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.S.



Posts : 53
Join date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:29 pm

krystineM wrote:

that makes me feel like shes making me out to be an idiot or something.

Yes it does look like you are an idiot.


Last edited by W.S. on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flyleaf



Posts : 13
Join date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Ugh, please. Drop the victim act, would you please? It's not attractive, and you don't pull it off well.

The nurses that schedule appointments are not the end-all, be-all. If they give you an appointment at a time that doesn't work for you, you say so. They schedule these things weeks in advance. I very much doubt that the time slot they gave you was the ONLY ONE they had available. Adult women have doctor appointments all the time... how do you think they go to them and not fail at their job? Simple. They schedule their appointments for an appropriate time.

Schedule your appointments during your lunch hour at school, or during a class that isn't mandatory. Or... hang on, here's a better idea. Schedule your appointments for AFTER SCHOOL! affraid Schools here let out around 3, and every doctor office I know of is open until 5.

And I very much doubt you picked up your assignments when you missed all this school. If you had, you wouldn't have been so far behind. And for a girl who worked so so hard on her schoolwork, you sure spent an awful lot of time on eHealth. I find it hard to believe you were busting your ass with your assignments.

You actually ARE a laughing stock, and it's not because you're a teenaged mother. It's because you're ridiculous. You have the common sense of a box of hammers. You contradict yourself over and over again. You like to get into debates about things you have zero understanding of. And mostly, you whine and complain like a four year old child when people don't pat you on the head and tell you what you want to hear. It's flat-out comical.

I'm very glad you're living with your boyfriend and his parents, because I don't believe you're capable of taking care of a baby on your own. You're one of the most clueless people I've had the misfortune of interacting with, and it scares me to think that there's going to be someone completely dependant on you. Thank God you're going to have someone holding your hand and picking up your slack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dumas



Posts : 2
Join date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:20 pm

Krystinea, you make so many different excuses all the time. Stop. Just shut up. It's very annoying.

If your going to go into your third year of being a senior, please take SLD classes so you can finally graduate. (Slow learning disability). they do have them because my sister was in them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Can someone post a link to this on ehealth?

_________________
Read my blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erulissė



Posts : 213
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:14 pm

A. Ehealth is not a democracy. It's a privately owned board, and you do not have freedom of speech.

B. Seriously, you're bitching about a thread on an internet forum on another internet forum?!?

Be the bigger person & let things go. Some posters are just going to be out to get you regardless of what you say, and you just have to let it go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danielle



Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Why the fuck do you come to a drama forum only to kill the drama?


Idiot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:49 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was beautiful Danielle!!!!!!!

_________________
Read my blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flyleaf



Posts : 13
Join date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:51 pm

futureshock wrote:
Can someone post a link to this on ehealth?

The threads were removed by moderators or admin because of the degree of drama. I wish they hadn't been - I would love to show exactly what this girl was complaining about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.S.



Posts : 53
Join date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:51 pm

Erulissė wrote:
A. Ehealth is not a democracy. It's a privately owned board, and you do not have freedom of speech.

B. Seriously, you're bitching about a thread on an internet forum on another internet forum?!?

Be the bigger person & let things go. Some posters are just going to be out to get you regardless of what you say, and you just have to let it go.

Is this directed at Krystine? It sounds like it could go either way. I prefer to think it is for Krystine. She is the one who has issue with everything anyone posts about anything then outright contradicts herself in later posts. She likes to tell everyone she didn't understand the topic. Then why post to it if you don't comprehend the material within? Another of her classic posts is when she tells people they are misunderstanding her and that post being quoted was so long ago (2 months, 3 weeks, however long) and she has changed since then.

No change. Still Krystine. Still misunderstood. Still talking about things she doesn't know anything about. Life is going to come as a big shock to this poor girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:11 pm

Can't we blame some of Krystine's actions on her maturity level and age? She has that teenage know-it-all stubborn streak that many teens have.

_________________
Read my blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.S.



Posts : 53
Join date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:56 pm

futureshock wrote:
Can't we blame some of Krystine's actions on her maturity level and age? She has that teenage know-it-all stubborn streak that many teens have.

Of course we can blame Krystine's actions on her age and maturity level. She'll come on and argue with us all about it because at 18 she knows it all and feels the need to prove herself. All very typical - of you, of me, of all of us when we were young and naive.

The point is still this: you cannot talk out both sides of your mouth regardless of your age and have people want to continue to listen. Sometimes it is much better to be quiet until you understand the parameters of the conversation, what the text is really saying, instead of jumping in with all these baseless assumptions. There isn't any counting how many times Krystine has said someone misunderstood what she was trying to say. I believe that comes from the person posting (her) the information since so many people have misunderstood her in the past. Look on this board alone and find all her 'misunderstanding' posts where she goes off on tangents about things that aren't even in the discussion. Then later will completely contradict what she has said in the past.

It can be amusing. It can also be irritating. (now watch, that is the only thing she'll read out of this whole post and she'll get angry. She'll completely gloss over the fact that I said we've all BTDT.) lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danielle



Posts : 92
Join date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:59 am

I agree. Her maturity plays an important part in it. I will not say her age does because I am 20 and I tend to lean towards not being like that. She thinks waiting to get married is a good thing but yet she was pregnant only months into the "relationship". That is a pretty big leap to be making when you barely know a person as a partner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:43 am

Ditto W.S. and Danielle.

Remember Suzy? She was one stubborn character. She makes Krystine look like an amateur, lol!

(I just wanted to use the lol! emoticon.)

_________________
Read my blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: venting about ehealth.   

Back to top Go down
 
venting about ehealth.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Drama All of the Time :: General :: Community Chat-
Jump to: