Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Caskets for Miscarriages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:52 pm

No, most women abort because they don't want to have a child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwoman74



Posts : 100
Join date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:04 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
No, most women abort because they don't want to have a child.

No, most women abort because they didn't want to be pregnant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:58 pm

xwoman74 wrote:
EiriForLife wrote:
No, most women abort because they don't want to have a child.

No, most women abort because they didn't want to be pregnant.

I don't believe that, and my experience as a pro-choice tells me otherwise too. VERY FEW cases of abortion are done for physical reasons that makes the woman not want to be pregnant or unhealthy to remain pregnant. Almost every reason I hear from pro-choicers is "well my life will be ruined if I have a kid" which just isn't true, because there's something called adoption!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwoman74



Posts : 100
Join date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:43 am

EiriForLife wrote:
Almost every reason I hear from pro-choicers is "well my life will be ruined if I have a kid" which just isn't true, because there's something called adoption!

Exactly. Hence, they don't want to be PREGNANT to start with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:47 pm

W.S. wrote:
Or they could be lazy, right? Because laziness is one of the reasons women don't get abortions in a timely manner.

Mad


lol! cheers

_________________
Read my blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
xwoman74 wrote:
EiriForLife wrote:
No, most women abort because they don't want to have a child.

No, most women abort because they didn't want to be pregnant.

I don't believe that, and my experience as a pro-choice tells me otherwise too. VERY FEW cases of abortion are done for physical reasons that makes the woman not want to be pregnant or unhealthy to remain pregnant. Almost every reason I hear from pro-choicers is "well my life will be ruined if I have a kid" which just isn't true, because there's something called adoption!

Sorry, but XWOMAN is right. You just stated the obvious reason why in your own response. ADOPTION.

_________________
Read my blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:20 pm

What? I'm confused now... I'm just repeating what I was told on eHealth by such people as Jen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwoman74



Posts : 100
Join date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
What? I'm confused now... I'm just repeating what I was told on eHealth by such people as Jen.

And here you claim to think for yourself.
Adoption is a parenting choice.
Elective abortion is a pregnancy choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erulissė



Posts : 213
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:31 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
xwoman74 wrote:
EiriForLife wrote:
No, most women abort because they don't want to have a child.

No, most women abort because they didn't want to be pregnant.

I don't believe that, and my experience as a pro-choice tells me otherwise too. VERY FEW cases of abortion are done for physical reasons that makes the woman not want to be pregnant or unhealthy to remain pregnant. Almost every reason I hear from pro-choicers is "well my life will be ruined if I have a kid" which just isn't true, because there's something called adoption!

They don't want to be pregnant and or have a kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:09 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
What? I'm confused now... I'm just repeating what I was told on eHealth by such people as Jen.

Who cares what people on ehealth said? That's only a handful of people.

And I'm just agreeing with you, if women though pregnancy was just a walk in the park they'd have children and give them up for adoption, instead of dying in back alleys pre-roe, for example.

_________________
Read my blog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:12 pm

RebelCats wrote:
Same as pressure, confusion, weighing the options etc could be a reason in the delay. Not all women that have abortions run to the clinic the moment they find out they are pregnant. Some of the are confused and scared and they talk to people about what to do before doing the procedure. There is an infinite number of possibilities of why a woman may wait to get the procedure done.

If I get scared because the dog pooped in my bedroom and hide it in my closet, I'm going to get in a lot more trouble than if I'd just told my parents. Mistakes aren't problems unless you refuse to correct them. An accidental pregnancy is a mistake. It can be corrected early on. If you wait however, then it becomes a problem, and then you have a human being living inside of you that you should not (and in many cases DO not) have a right to kill under normal circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:13 pm

W.S. wrote:
Or they could be lazy, right? Because laziness is one of the reasons women don't get abortions in a timely manner.

Mad

Who says that? I've never heard that. I have heard the lie that women GET abortions because they are lazy and want the "easy" way out. I know that's not true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Erulissė wrote:
EiriForLife wrote:
krystineM wrote:
And, on the note of telling people what to do, Eiri..

After reading through some of you responses on the Abortion Debate section, what gives YOU the right to tell a woman when it is right for them to get an abortion?

After reading through my responses, you should already know how I will answer this question. Nothing gives ME the right; I am not a doctor.

that's not true. if you are prolife then you think you get the right to tell women if they can get an abortion or not.
I am not a traditional pro-lifer so please stop trying to stereotype me.

Quote :
ifyou were prochoice then you'd think it was okay for a doctor to decide.
Uh, I DO. But right now, that IS NOT THE CASE. Right now, ANY woman can abort up to 20 weeks in most places FOR ANY REASON. Pro-choice is not "I want a doctor to tell me if I can abort." Pro-choice is "I want the right to abort no matter what, and no doctor has the right to tell me not to get one." In fact, I know many pro-choicers who HATE the fact that women need to get consent from doctors after 20 weeks. They think a woman should be able to kill her child up to and during labor!! But that is not ALL pro-choicers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:21 pm

krystineM wrote:
im sure not all are, it was just a thought that had come into my mind.

and that was what i was trying to tell Eiri.
If they dont want to be pregnant, they would go right away instead of put it off.
But she replied by saying that they may want the unborn to live...

Okay, look.

Normally, if a woman wants to end her pregnancy, she is going to abort as soon as she can and will become part of the 90% of women who abort before week 12. She is electively aborting.

Normally, if a woman keeps the pregnancy it is because SHE WANTS TO GIVE BIRTH. Aka, she wants the child to live. IF she aborts, it is not elective, it is for a health reason, either hers or the child's.

Is that clear?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krystineM

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2008-03-10
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:03 pm

it is not just because of a health reason.
that is not the sole route as to why they abort later on in the pregnancy.
it could ALSO be, that bringing a child into the world is not going to fit into their budget right now at this very moment.
OR, that they have decided not to keep the child, or to end this pregnancy and have one when things are settling down.
OR, because the woman cannot raise the child on her own.
There are MANY reasons as to why a woman might have an abortion later on in a pregnancy than a health reason.

Is THAT clear?

Because if that woman really DID want that child to live, she would seek adoption information rather than end the pregnancy later on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xwoman74



Posts : 100
Join date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:00 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
Pro-choice is "I want the right to abort no matter what, and no doctor has the right to tell me not to get one."

That is part correct. No doctor can make someone do something against their will because they are a doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maz

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:32 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
I am not a traditional pro-lifer so please stop trying to stereotype me.

You are a traditional prolifer. The fact that you oh so very graciously "allow" women to abort for her health reasons doesn't make you any "better" than any of the other prolifers who want to stop women from accessing safe and legal abortion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erulissė



Posts : 213
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:04 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
Erulissė wrote:
EiriForLife wrote:
krystineM wrote:
And, on the note of telling people what to do, Eiri..

After reading through some of you responses on the Abortion Debate section, what gives YOU the right to tell a woman when it is right for them to get an abortion?

After reading through my responses, you should already know how I will answer this question. Nothing gives ME the right; I am not a doctor.

that's not true. if you are prolife then you think you get the right to tell women if they can get an abortion or not.
I am not a traditional pro-lifer so please stop trying to stereotype me.

That is what PROLIFE IS!!!! you think judges and politicians and YOU get to tell women when they can have an abortion instead of her own privateself. if you don't then you are prochoice and why are we all arguing? Laughing


Quote :
ifyou were prochoice then you'd think it was okay for a doctor to decide.
Uh, I DO. But right now, that IS NOT THE CASE. Right now, ANY woman can abort up to 20 weeks in most places FOR ANY REASON. Pro-choice is not "I want a doctor to tell me if I can abort." Pro-choice is "I want the right to abort no matter what, and no doctor has the right to tell me not to get one." In fact, I know many pro-choicers who HATE the fact that women need to get consent from doctors after 20 weeks. They think a woman should be able to kill her child up to and during labor!! But that is not ALL pro-choicers.

So you don't think women should be able to get abortions up to 20 weeks for reasons YOU don't agree with. That is telling women when they can have an abortion or not. Going back to what I said earlier which was if you are prolife then you think you get the right to tell women if they can get an abortion or not.

then yousaid not to stereotype you? i don't think you know what youthink about abortionand instead of saying that you go back and forth and pick the prettier sides of each issue and try to mush them together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erulissė



Posts : 213
Join date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:05 pm

krystineM wrote:
it is not just because of a health reason.
that is not the sole route as to why they abort later on in the pregnancy.
it could ALSO be, that bringing a child into the world is not going to fit into their budget right now at this very moment.
OR, that they have decided not to keep the child, or to end this pregnancy and have one when things are settling down.
OR, because the woman cannot raise the child on her own.
There are MANY reasons as to why a woman might have an abortion later on in a pregnancy than a health reason.

Is THAT clear?

Because if that woman really DID want that child to live, she would seek adoption information rather than end the pregnancy later on.

i think what you are saying is that circumstances can change. but erie did say "normally" for health reasons so you guys are kinda on the same page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krystineM

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2008-03-10
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:06 pm

i was trying to say that there are many other reasons than just a health reason which she seems to think is the only reason for an abortion later on in the pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:47 pm

krystineM wrote:
i was trying to say that there are many other reasons than just a health reason which she seems to think is the only reason for an abortion later on in the pregnancy.
Name another reason a woman would need to abort her child a week before it is due (as opposed to giving birth prematurely or carrying to term) OTHER than a medical reason. Mental health is part of medical reasons by the way. Fetal deformities are a medical reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Maz wrote:
EiriForLife wrote:
I am not a traditional pro-lifer so please stop trying to stereotype me.

You are a traditional prolifer. The fact that you oh so very graciously "allow" women to abort for her health reasons doesn't make you any "better" than any of the other prolifers who want to stop women from accessing safe and legal abortion.
I absolutely am not, as I approve of over 90% of all abortions. According to pro-lifers, I am pro-choice. Neither of you want me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krystineM

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2008-03-10
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:01 pm

EiriForLife wrote:
krystineM wrote:
i was trying to say that there are many other reasons than just a health reason which she seems to think is the only reason for an abortion later on in the pregnancy.
Name another reason a woman would need to abort her child a week before it is due (as opposed to giving birth prematurely or carrying to term) OTHER than a medical reason. Mental health is part of medical reasons by the way. Fetal deformities are a medical reason.

ya thanks but i know what medical disformities are. and just a heads up! women are told about the health of their unborn child with the help of a ultrasound, and even those who know that their child could or most likely WILL have a health disormity or disability STILL continue the pregnancy. and i just did name MORE THAN 1 other reason for a late abortion and it wasn't meant for women who put off an abortion until their a week due. I dont know what kind of place will let a woman get an abortion a week before the due date... i think a page back or a few posts back if you were paying attention, you would have seen that i said:

it could ALSO be, that bringing a child into the world is not going to fit into their budget right now at this very moment.
OR, that they have decided not to keep the child, or to end this pregnancy and have one when things are settling down.
OR, because the woman cannot raise the child on her own.

you said nothing about aborting a week before it is due, you had said that a woman may abort because of a health concern.
So your telling me that they put off this health concern until their a week due?!
I'd like to see what kind of doctor would allow a woman to abort a WEEK before the child is born. i would love to see any doctor that would give the ok and say "yes we will kill this baby for you right now" while their in labour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EiriForLife



Posts : 173
Join date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:14 pm

I did TOO say something about aborting a week before it was due, just now. I made an example. That's how these things work Almost all 3rd trimester babies are viable.

I think it is absolutely disgusting to kill a completely viable human being, a person, the week before the due date. If you don't want it, give it up for adoption. If you can't pay for it, give it up for adoption. Thank GOD elective abortion in the third trimester is illegal!!

As for a woman who would have to abort a week before her due date for medical reasons, imagine if she were in a car-crash. Most doctors will place their concern on the woman first and the child second. The emergency procedures they perform on her may harm the unborn, but that is not their primary concern. Most likely, they would perform an emergency c-section and no one would have to die. But it could still happen, and most doctors will prefer the mother's life first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krystineM

avatar

Posts : 297
Join date : 2008-03-10
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:28 pm

i dont know if you are implying that i am giving the ok for abortions a week before their due,
but i was talking more about women who do not go out and get an abortion right away, and might wait a few weeks or so before they get one.
NOT a week before their due date.

So i'll say it again,
a woman may decide to get an abortion if a baby does not fit into their budget, if they are not ready for a child yet, if the mother cannot raise a child on her own, or because they want a wait a little while before having a child, and right now is not the right time.
These could be reasons why they get an abortion a little later on. NOT while their in a hospital room with they legs spread ready to pop the kid out! If the couple has weighed out the whole situation, and decided that now is not the time, its their decision. But i am almost 100% sure that they would make the decision EARLIER in the pregnancy, like at the very beginning of it, not while their in the second trimester.


And FYI, woman who get into car accidents while pregnant are advised to go RIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL, their looked at to see if everything is ok, and so is the baby. If there is any harm to the baby, they would do an emergency c-section to get the baby out and attend to his or her needs if the heart beat was slow, or anything else. They would not send her off to get an abortion. If she's only a week due, that child has such a high survival chance.
What you descrided is completely different than getting an abortion while a week due. That would not be aborting my dear, that would be a early delivery. Two COMPLETELY different things. One, is ending a pregnancy and killing the baby, the other is saving the baby's life with an early delivery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Caskets for Miscarriages   

Back to top Go down
 
Caskets for Miscarriages
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Erin Bates

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Drama All of the Time :: General :: Pregnancy-
Jump to: